This Page Is Going To Show You How To Find The Right Keywords For Youtube.com, Including How To Find Which Keyword Phrase Are Most Likely To Land Your Youtube.com Video On The First Page Of Search Results And Which Youtube Keywords Have Little To No Keyword Competition.
Step by Step – How to Find the Right Keywords for YouTube Video
If you are hoping to upload a video to YouTube.com and have that video show up on the first page of search engine results so you get the most traffic possible to your video is not difficult to do but there are some important steps you must following to significantly increase your chances of a high ranking video on YouTube. It is called YouTube SEO.
- Find keywords that are ‘YouTube keywords’. more info.
- Find which youtube keywords have the lowest possible video competition on YouTube. more info.
- Include tags/keywords used by a YouTube video that is already ranking the highest for that keyword phrase. more info.
- Automate and speed up this entire process of steps #1 – #3 so the research takes minutes and not hours. more info.
➀ What are YouTube Keywords?
What do I mean by YOUTUBE KEYWORDS? Remember, a search engine has one goal in mind: provide its searchers with the most relevant and best quality results.
If someone was to search for ‘irs form 1040′, how much sense does a video make?? Chances are a person performing that search is looking for the actual form. I don’t care how many videos you make on this subject and how good they are a video is never going appear on the first page of search results.
However if someone performs a search for ‘video of how to fry an egg’, there is a really good chance this search will result in videos being displayed on the first page. See the difference between a youtube keyword and a keyword that is NOT a youtube keyword.
Referencing the above image, the keyword phrase ‘how to train German Shepherd puppy’ IS a YouTube keyword because the search for that keyword phrase does show at least one YouTube video.
Understandably, the search for ‘irs form 1040′ is NOT a YouTube keyword phrase as there are no YouTube videos appearing on the first page of a search for that keyword.
How do I Know a Keyword is a YouTube Keyword
The easiest and best way to do this is perform a search for the keyword phrase and see if there is at least one youtube video being displayed on the first page of search results for that keyword phrase.
If there is already at least one YouTube video showing on the first page of search results it means the search engine obviously feels that keyword phrase is video worthy.
You want to find the keyword phrases that have at least one video on the first page of searches but no more than 3 videos.
If there are already 4 or more videos then the chances of the search engine putting your YouTube video on the first page of search results are much lower because that search phrase is already saturated with video results although I have seen keyword phrases that resulted in the entire first page of search results being nothing but YouTube videos but that is rare.
➁ Find the Lowest Competition Video Keywords for YouTube
Once you have determined that a keyword phrase is a YouTube keyword phrase the next step is to check the competition on YouTube for the keyword phrase. It makes no sense to target a keyword phrase that already has hundreds or even dozens of videos already optimized for that keyword phrase.
The way to check the YouTube competition is do a search for your desired keyword phrase on YouTube and take note of two things:
- How many of the first 20 (first page results) videos have your exact keyword phrase in the title and description.
- If your keyword phrase shows very few or no videos that contain the exact keyword phrase in the title, how many of the 20 videos still seems to produce very relevant content, based upon reading the title.
If there are very few or no videos on YouTube that have the exact keyword phrase in the title and description it is going to be much easier to outrank BUT if the videos still contain very relevant and related information, this is something to take into account.
You know the phrase about copying or duplicating success. Use the same tags/keyword that are being used by a couple of the top videos for a keyword phrase and include these keyword phrases/tags in your videos description along with your main YouTube keyword phrase too and you significantly increase the odds your video will appear high up in YouTube results AND on the first page of search results.
The main secret to post videos to YouTube that will rank highly in both YouTube and search results is to find keyword phrases that have very few or no videos that are optimized for that keyword phrase. This will make it so that YouTube and search engines have NO CHOICE but to show your video near or at the top spot.
➃ Automate and Speed Up Steps #1 – #3
The way to automate the entire process of finding these low competition, ripe, YouTube keywords involves the use of software specifically designed for this task.
- Video Marketing Blaster: [ http://videomarketingblasterpro.com/ ] Price: $57 one time. This program performs and automates three YouTube marketing tasks:
- Find Untapped Keywords: Video Marketing Blaster will suggest long tail keywords and related keywords for your main niche which you can easily exploit.
- Analyze You Competition: Identify all weak points in competitor videos and automatically exploit them.
- Post Your Video with the Right Meta Data: Video Marketing Blaster generates your titles/description/tags stuffed with phrases that contain the best keywords for your niche.
- Viral YouTube Soft: [ http://www.scrapersnbots.com/software/viral-youtube-soft/ ] Price: $27 one time. This is a YouTube software program that is actually three software programs built into one:
- Find YouTube Keywords: this program takes a list of your keyword phrases and one by one searches each of these keyword phrases to see which ones are YouTube Keywords (there is at least one YouTube video showing on the first page of search results for the keyword phrase). This program highlights in green the keyword phrases that are YouTube keywords. At any time you can right click the program to copy all the YouTube keywords to clipboard.
- Check Competition: take the list of YouTube keywords (the ones found with the previous software/step, or any keyword phrases you wish) and see how many other videos there are on youtube.com that are optimized for each YouTube keyword phrase. The idea here is to find the cherry keyword phrases that have little and even no competition for the keyword phrase.
- View Competition: this program allows you to take any of the keyword phrases that are YouTube keyword phrases that have little to no competition on YouTube and do a birds eye analysis of the top 20 YouTube videos that come up when searching for that keyword phrase. You can see how many average daily views each of the 20 videos get. This is useful if you wish to post comments on YouTube videos for traffic or back links. Simply target the videos that are getting the most daily views. Depending upon the keyword phrase you can quickly and easily find videos that get hundreds and even thousands of views daily. You can also right click any of the videos in the list and get that videos tags/keywords instantly. You can also select multiple videos at the same time and get all of those videos keywords just as fast and easily. The information about these top 20 videos can be output as a report as well.
- Tube Toolbox: [ http://www.tubetoolbox.com ] Recurring fees which vary from $10 per month. This software program takes the approach of marketing to other YouTube members and does this by performing two tasks:
- Find people on YouTube who you believe would be interested in your YouTube Channel or Video. The idea here is you can target your marketing efforts to other YouTube members that somehow would complement what you have to offer.
- Use Tube Toolbox built in tools to automation tools to contact the people you gathered from the previous step. You do this by having Tube Toolbox send Messages, Share Videos, Subscribe to Channels and post Comments. This will bring people to your Channel and Videos ultimately increasing your video views and exposure on YouTube.
A Word About Video Quality
With all the focus an talk on the subject of finding the right YouTube keywords I figured I should mention that you must not forget about your videos quality.
You can do everything right with keyword research, find the best keyword phrases that have 0 competition but if your video is garbage, either because the actual video viewing quality is low or the content of the video is worthless, you might get all the traffic in the world, briefly, but it will not take long for YouTube to determine that everybody is clicking the back button 5 seconds after arriving at your videos.
YouTube does have the technology these days to use these and other, similar, visitor behavior stats to determine the ranking of your videos.
Follow these simple tips for quality videos:
- Make videos that include your voice/narration. The fact that YouTube can auto transcribe your videos is proof that YouTube knows what you are saying in the video. If your video is nothing but screen images and background music then you are not taking advantage of your words as part of the ranking factor of a video. Be sure to include your main YouTube keyword phrase in the narration at least a few times.
- Try to make your videos High Definition Videos. After shooting the video, whether with your phone or a video recorder, transfer the video to your computers hard drive. Open the video in a video editing program like BB Flash or Sony Vegas and save the video at the highest quality possible. If YouTube has to choose between two videos which are exact identical videos but one of them is high definition and the other is not YouTube and Google will rank high definition video higher.