Starting to build your dream house is an exciting adventure filled with possibilities and plans for the future. But amidst the enthusiasm, the pressing question looms: How much will it cost to turn your vision into reality? Whether you’re considering building your dream home right away or saving up for it in the future, gaining insight into the cost is vital.
Whether you won the lottery today, or still saving up for your dream home, let’s dive into the fascinating world of house construction costs in the Philippines and explore some basic guidelines to help you estimate the price tag for your dream abode.
Usual Costs of House Construction in the Philippines
Currently, the cost estimate for building a house can vary between Php 14,000 and Php 35,000 per square meter for fully finished homes. Of course, numerous factors come into play when determining the final figure, so let’s break it down:
- Categories of Homes:
- Low-cost houses: Roughly estimated to be between Php 14,000 and Php 18,000 per square meter.
- Mid-range houses: Estimated to be between Php 20,000 to Php 28,000 per square meter.
- First-class houses: These luxurious homes can go from Php 30,000 to Php 35,000 or even higher.
- The Lot and Location: The location of your dream home plays a significant role in cost estimation. Factors like site condition, main road access, landfill requirements, and the overall land location all contribute to the final construction cost.
- Materials and Finish Specifications: The type of finish and materials used for your house will significantly influence the total cost. Bare structure homes may cost around 50% less than fully finished ones. Make sure to choose the materials that align with your budget and desired specifications.
- Your Budget: Starting by determining your budget will help you streamline the planning process. Skilled house contractors can then customize a plan and design that fits your budget while maintaining your preferred specifications. If you already have a house design plan and a lot, consulting with a contractor for a detailed cost estimate is a wise move. They can provide insights into materials, quality, and overall house size that align with your budget.
Remember to ask your contractor for a breakdown of the price quote, including finishes, labor, paperwork, and other essential details in your contract.
In the end, building your dream home is a truly personal experience, and the cost will be influenced by your unique vision, preferences, and budget. With careful planning, thoughtful decision-making, and the right guidance, you can transform your dream into a reality – creating a haven where you and your family can flourish for generations to come.